Friday, March 18, 2016

Pharmacist

Pharmacist

Duties and Responsibilities: A pharmacist is a person who is professionally qualified to prepare and dispense medicinal drugs.A pharmacist's duties and responsibilities consists of:
  • Preparing medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities
  • Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals. 
  • Controlling medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions
  • Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection control protocols. 
  • Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. 
  • Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. 

Salary: $83,973 - $133,709 

Education: They must have a Doctoral or professional degree. 

Demand for this profession: Demand appears to be on the precipice of high growth. Also not needed much working to shut down profession. 

Add a picture or two: 

 
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not? 
Yes I would like to be one because I think it is fascinating to hand out prescriptions to your patients. I don't know. When I would go to CVS I would see pharmacists there and I would tell myself that I wanted to do that one day. Also, they get paid well.

No comments:

Post a Comment